You Are Reading

live @ Home Part 9.....Ghostdad


Ghostdad lives in Jamaica Plain. He really likes music and music gadgets. He also likes to make shit happen. He holds down 2 monthly Parties in Boston, and countless other wharehouse/arthouse/house parties. Ths is why he plays what he wants (without forgetting his crowd) and is a good DJ to play with.

His night at The Milky Way is Bass Invaders. Along with fellow resident Nick Yoder, Ghostfather plays all things Bass. Bass from Miami, Bass from Baltimore, Bass from Estonia, Bass from Brasil.. While Nick tends to keep it pretty much Bass and Vynil (dude has classics, I heard EAEA last month) Ghostdad goes between vynil and the Serrato and sprinkles in those Bassy Radio Jams for the gaggle of smart dancing ladies that come to the party each month...enough said..YOU should go..plug plug.

If you miss that, check out Ghostdad @ MofoRadio

Here he is on his mix:

"Chris asked me to do this a mega long time ago. I actually recorded one a while back I was gonna use but it came out shitty. It was way different and had Sledgehammer on it. Maybe that one will see the light of day later in another form. Took me a while to sit down and make another one cuz I was DJing something like every other day for over two weeks and hauling my equipment around like it was arguably my job. Now that that's calmed down, for this mix I grabbed some tracks I've been bumping lately on my radio show and at nights such as the fabulous Do It Again. All shameless plugs aside, it's a simple mix using Serato and vinyl. I've been having a lot of fun lately with midi controlled cue points and sending off airhorns with my wiimote but we'll leave the party tricks out for this one. But do look out for the Dadsampler, coming soon to a macbook near you!"

Download:
Live@home9 - Ghostdad

tracklist:

Osborne - Wait a Minute
Kraak & Smaak - Bobby & Whitney
Hott City - If All We're Gonna Do Is Dance
Giorgio Morodor - The Chase
Rod - Shake It Up (Do The Boogaloo)
Sassa - Straight From The Heart (Fever Mix)
Gino Soccio - Rhythm of the World
Cajmere - Brighter Days
Hi Tension - Hi Tension
Afrika Bambaataa - Just Get Up And Dance (Acapella)
Rebel MC - Tribal Bass feat Barrington Levy & Tenor Fly (Foundation Mix)
4 Hero - Mr. Kirk's Nightmare
Inner City - Good Lif

Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.