You Are Reading

Live @ Home....Part 2

MAN! I have been recieving really cool and different mixes from people for this series. Just finished listening to 2 new fresh mixes from the south and SouthWest. More on those next week.

Today brings you a mix from Boston's own David Day. David Day is the Music and Arts editor @ Weekly Dig a weekly publication up here in Boston. What does he do? Well.. by his own description:

"I write. I edit. I publicize. I take pictures. I throw parties. I make movies. I DJ. I love music. My life is my work, my work is life -- Jack of all trades.... Master of none."

As far as i have seen, he is involved in most things electronic in Boston and has been for sometime. Check him out on the space, at basstown, and at this blog as well. Here's what he had to say about this little mix:

"Am I a DJ? The short answer is no. Although I've been at it for years and years, I have never practiced mixing and mainly mix things I have never heard before. I know, sounds lame, but generally it works out. Mixing in Chris Devlin's living room as he and Ariel were making Mexican food, I jumped right in on two underused CDJs with what I consider to be future club tracks. Ever since I started clubbing, I've been wanting the producers to drop more sine waves, higher pitches and more bass pulses into the mix. I never understood why prog-trance didn't embrace more avant-garde sounds. Ryoji Ikeda meets Richie Hawtin type shit. These almost do it. And that DJ Hell track is my life. "

LIVE IN THE LIVING ROOM - DAVID DAY

l_d40db2fde36e4cfd1acdcbe6aea39ae9

TRACKLIST

Williams - The Unbearable Truth
Butane - I Didn't Know
Shackleton - Blood On My Hands (Ricardo Villalobos Apocalypso Now Mix)
Crackdown - Political Velvet
ItaloBoyz - Zinga
DJ Hell featuring Billie Ray Martin - Je Regrette (Superpitcher Remix)

Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.